Skip to main content

42-year-old man was killed over land in Akwa Ibom

A 42-year-old man, identified as Edidiong Joseph Effiong was, on Wednesday, murdered in cold blood over a lingering land dispute between two families in Ibiaku Itam in Itu local government area of Akwa Ibom State.
 Image result for 42-year-old man was killed over land in Akwa Ibom




DAILY POST gathered that the deceased was severally cut around his neck region by his suspected assailant, Ambrose Bassey Jeremiah, before he gave up the ghost.
According to the father of the deceased, Chief Joseph Effiong, who is also the family head of the greater Ikamaenyin family of Ikot Efaha Itong community, “The land belonged to my late father since the 30’s and when I grew up I inherited the land at his death. Part of the land is where I am building this house and shops here as you can see.
“But along the line, precisely in 2010, this boy of over 35 years old started laying claim to the land, saying someone in the community showed him the plot as belonging to them.
“The matter has been in court since 2010 and the case was to be decided on August 8, when he decided to take the laws into his own hands perhaps in anticipation of losing the case.”
Effiong explained that the fleeing suspect came to his compound, armed with a very sharp machete, which he threw and caught in mid air three times before dashing into the disputed land.
“With that very sharp machete, he cut my plantain in that land and started raining abuses. When I was told he had cut the plantain, I asked that he be left to go with it perhaps he was hungry, but my son, apparently provoked by his abuses, was forced to pursue after him,” he said.
Also the deceased’s friend, who pleaded anonymity, said he witnessed the murder of his friend and vowed to avenge, lamenting that such “bare-faced criminality should not be allowed to go away”.
His words, “When my friend pursued once the suspect, he (the deceased) lost balance, slipped and fell and therefore the aggressor hurried at him and began to chop his face, arm and the neck region. And because I was carrying two bottles as my only weapon, but I was afraid that I won’t be able to contain a man with sharp machete.
“I stood there thinking he was only slapping Edidiong with the machete, not knowing he was actually inflicting serious machete attack all over his body.”
Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Odiko Macdon, who confirmed the incident, said, “the Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Zaki Ahmed, has ordered that the case be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for investigation”.
He said though the suspect is on the run, no effort would be spared in apprehending him to face the law.

Comments

  1. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of dr Odigie, i have been suffering from this disease for the past 2 years and 7 mou th without solution until i came across the blog of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after a week and some days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, and ever since then, we have had no more outbreak and we are healthy, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. he also render cure to the following diseases below
    .DIABETES
    .CANCER
    .HEPATITIS
    .HIV/AIDS
    .P COS
    contact him via whats app +2349078751746 you can also email him drituaodigie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, Instagram IG: @dremmanuel2 or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease

      Delete
  2. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, Instagram IG: @dremmanuel2 or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 home remedies to get rid of dark knuckles

Here are easy and permanent ways to remove dark knuckles   Women with dark knuckles lack the confidence to wear fashion accessories due to public ridicule and stigmatization.

Covid-19 information

what is COVID-19 COVID-19 is the name given by the  World Health Organization  (WHO) on February 11, 2020  for the disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. It started in Wuhan, China in late 2019 and has since spread worldwide. COVID-19 is an acronym that stands for  co rona vi rus  d isease of 20 19 .