Skip to main content

Featured post

2025 Summer Transfer Window: Big Five Leagues in Flux

The 2025 summer market  shattered records especially in England while continental clubs followed widely differing strategies. The Premier League blew past the £3 billion mark, with top teams making marquee signings, whereas La Liga’s giants (hampered by Financial Fair Play) invested selectively. Serie A saw several heavy hitters raid markets (AC Milan, Juventus, Napoli) but also cash in on stars, leaving many clubs in net profit. In Germany, Bayern Munich made one blockbuster move (Luis Díaz), and most Bundesliga teams spent conservatively. Ligue 1 again served as a feeder league: aside from PSG, most French clubs focused on selling talent and balancing the books. Across all leagues, spending patterns reflected each environment from England’s unchecked spree to France’s export-driven model setting the stage for an unpredictable 2025/26 season. Premier League: Unprecedented Spending and Super Deals Clubs in England embarked on a spending spree. According to Sky Sports, Premier Leagu...

From factory to studio, Slimcase narrates what he went through to become a music star

Slimcase says he used to be a menial worker at a factory where he was earning N15,000 before he became a superstar.

Oluwafemi Oladapo aka Slimcase says he used to earn N15k as a factory worker.(Vanguard) 

Every artiste has a story about how they rose to stardom and for Oluwafemi Oladapo, popularly known as Slimcase, it’s a story of a menial worker turns superstar.

The singer in an interview published by Punch on Saturday, June 22, 2019, spoke on how he rose to become music star.
Slimcase said he used to work in a factory and also had to trek sometimes to work to save some money for studio sessions.
He said, “I faced a lot of challenges in my career, especially when it had to do with money. I had a big dream but I had little money.
   

“I used to be a factory worker and my salary was N15, 000. I am the first born of my family and out of this little money, I still had to save about N8,000 for my studio sessions, I had to trek a lot to achieve this.
“At a point, my parents and siblings put pressure on me to get another job and stop wasting my time doing music. I thank God I never listened to them because I am now the breadwinner of my family.”
Slimcase also spoke about the inspiration behind his kind of music.
He said, “Alcohol inspires the kind of music I do; drunken people inspire me a lot even though I have never been drunk.
“I am a very good actor, so people tend to believe me when I act as if I’m drunk.”
From the street of Ikorodu, Slimcase rose to stardom in 2017 when he dropped a single titled 'Oshonzodi'

Comments

Ads

Random Posts

Everything You Need to Know About Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Facts about STDs The term sexually transmitted disease (STD) is used to refer to a condition passed from one person to another through sexual contact. You can contract an STD by having unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the STD. An STD may also be called a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or venereal disease (VD). That doesn’t mean sex is the only way STDs are transmitted. Depending on the specific STD, infections may also be transmitted through sharing needles and breastfeeding. Symptoms of STDs in men It’s possible to contract an STD without developing symptoms. But some STDs cause obvious symptoms. In men, common symptoms include: pain or discomfort during sex or urination sores, bumps, or rashes on or around the penis, testicles, anus, buttocks, thighs, or mouth unusual discharge or bleeding from the penis painful or swollen testicles Specific symptoms can vary, depending on the STD.

2025 Summer Transfer Window: Big Five Leagues in Flux

The 2025 summer market  shattered records especially in England while continental clubs followed widely differing strategies. The Premier League blew past the £3 billion mark, with top teams making marquee signings, whereas La Liga’s giants (hampered by Financial Fair Play) invested selectively. Serie A saw several heavy hitters raid markets (AC Milan, Juventus, Napoli) but also cash in on stars, leaving many clubs in net profit. In Germany, Bayern Munich made one blockbuster move (Luis Díaz), and most Bundesliga teams spent conservatively. Ligue 1 again served as a feeder league: aside from PSG, most French clubs focused on selling talent and balancing the books. Across all leagues, spending patterns reflected each environment from England’s unchecked spree to France’s export-driven model setting the stage for an unpredictable 2025/26 season. Premier League: Unprecedented Spending and Super Deals Clubs in England embarked on a spending spree. According to Sky Sports, Premier Leagu...

42-year-old man was killed over land in Akwa Ibom

A 42-year-old man, identified as Edidiong Joseph Effiong was, on Wednesday, murdered in cold blood over a lingering land dispute between two families in Ibiaku Itam in Itu local government area of Akwa Ibom State.   DAILY POST gathered that the deceased was severally cut around his neck region by his suspected assailant, Ambrose Bassey Jeremiah, before he gave up the ghost. According to the father of the deceased, Chief Joseph Effiong, who is also the family head of the greater Ikamaenyin family of Ikot Efaha Itong community, “The land belonged to my late father since the 30’s and when I grew up I inherited the land at his death. Part of the land is where I am building this house and shops here as you can see. “But along the line, precisely in 2010, this boy of over 35 years old started laying claim to the land, saying someone in the community showed him the plot as belonging to them. “The matter has been in court since 2010 and the case was to be decided on August 8, when...